Anyway, here's a new one:
super easy slow cooker chili con carne.
I was going to make a meatloaf but turns out we were out of eggs and I just didn't feel like running to the store. So I came up with this instead. No beans because it's low carb. Of course, purists will say that beans have no business in chili anyway. ;)
- 3-4 lbs of extra lean ground beef.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomato--_undrained_
- 2 16 Oz jars of medium salsa (hotter or milder to taste)
- 1 Tbsp chipotle chili powder (again, to taste)
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander.
- 1/2 Tbsp oregano.
Mix the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. I generally find it's best to get in with your hands and squish it all together. Rubber/plastic gloves keeps things cleaner.
Pour the mix in a 4 quart slow cooker.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Serve topped with cheese or just like it is.